Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's True...

...I have the best husband in the world!

Yes, I am going to spend a post bragging on my husband... because he has done something that is so brag-on-my-husband worthy. If you don't like that kind of thing feel free to click the little X on this tab and come back another day. :)

 IMG_9489 copybw

But I bet you just hung around because you are curious as to why I think my husband is the best. :)

You see... we've been living in this house for about five weeks. It was time for me to have some friends over. I was long past due for a girls' night so I started planning one... even though my house is not finished. I figured if I waited until my house was like I wanted it to be that I would never have anyone over... ever.

I set the date and asked a big favor of Mike... would he please take the kids and spend the night at his mom's house so that I could have some friends over?

Without complaining or questioning or anything negative he said "I can do that."

Hooray! Girls' night was on!

But the real brag-worthy stuff happened on Saturday... the day of girls' night and him leaving to stay at his parents' house with the kids.

Mike actually had Saturday off. He was kind enough to take care of Jason all three times he woke up in the middle of the night so that I could get a good night of sleep. In the morning Mike got the kids breakfast, made the menu for the week and shopping list and then took the kids with him to do the grocery shopping. It made it much easier for me to get my house cleaned up... I finally got those boxes in Jason's room unpacked!

When they came back Mike got the kids lunch and helped me with the dishes. Then he packed the kids stuff for overnight and headed out.

All so that I could have a nice night with some friends at my house.

Completely selfless he was that day.

Completely amazing.

Perhaps if I was more like him our marriage wouldn't have so many issues.

IMG_0380 copy

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Message)
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.


Mike loves well! And I think he's the bestest ever!


PS... I hope that your husband does things that make you want to shout that he's the best in the world. I also hope that when he does those things you do take the time to shout about it and brag on your man. :)


 

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...