Friday, October 19, 2012

No Excuses

 



Well over a year ago I decided I was going to say yes to God no matter what. It was my "self project" to become a better person and a better Christ follower. It's been an exciting journey. I've not mastered that way of YES 100% but I'm much closer to it than I was two years ago.

Somewhere along the way I realized that there is something else in me that needs some work. (As there will ALWAYS be something else in me that needs some work.)

Excuses.

I'm going to start on my journey of NO EXCUSES.

What is an excuse?

From dictionary.com-- "An explanation offered in defense of some fault or offensive behavior or as a reason for not fulfilling an obligation."

Pope Alexander said "An excuse is worse than a lie, for an excuse is a lie, guarded."

OUCH.

So why don't I eat right... like I know I should? Because I chose not to.
Why haven't I exercised in forever? Because I am lazy.
Why didn't I say yes to God? Because I chose disobedience.
Why wasn't I kind to my husband? Because I chose to be rude.
Why didn't I help that person? Because I am selfish.
Why didn't I spend time with God today? Because I chose sleep, the internet, someone or something else.

Do you see? When I take the excuses away I have to expose the truth... and the truth can be really ugly sometimes. Excuses make me look better.

So here goes... learning to live life without excuses. Exposing the truth of who and what I am.

Help me Jesus!



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...