Saturday, October 6, 2012

Oh Neighborhood...

For the past 7 1/2 years we lived on a dead end street surrounded by trees. It felt like we lived in the country even though we lived just off a main road and five minutes from everything. The street was quiet and the only traffic was from the people that lived there. It wasn't often that you would catch someone else outside.

And then we moved... downtown. :)

The amount of activity down here is fun! I am always hearing people, seeing people, talking to people. I love it!

It's also a little bit crazy down here.

Back when we were still painting the house my neighbor told us our houses were on the news. Some lady a few houses down the street had her house condemned. She had about 50 cats living with her. It made the news and they panned down my road and my house was in it.

The week after we moved in I heard a firetruck go by. The kids were excited that they saw it and then they stopped to pray. (Love them!) A few minutes later I heard a little "whoop whoop" siren thing and thought "that sounds like it is still right outside." I went to check things out. Next to my house is the neighbors (only about five feet away) and right beside that house is an alley. The firetruck was parked in the alley. I asked the neighbor what was going on. Apparently some guy walked around the corner and fell? Big gash in his head. Ambulance. People everywhere.

A week ago someone was murdered in an apartment building that I can see from my living room window.

A few nights ago as I headed out there was another firetruck down the road. I don't know why.

This morning at 6am there was a group of 8-10 guys across the road fighting... yelling and punching each other. It was kind of crazy. The police came and busted things up.

It's only been just over a month!!! I moved less than a mile from my last house but it seems like I am in a completely different world! This neighborhood is active for sure!

And I'm ok with it. :)

Nothing that has happened has robbed me of my peace. I have such a deep, complete peace about living here. I know I am right where God wants me and my family. I do not walk around in fear... of course I am not naive either.

I like where I live.

God is good too. He has us sandwiched in between some really great neighbors! Our yard touches four other yards and the houses are close. Thankfully none of those neighbors will be trouble... although that dog that is the size of a horse kind of freaks me out!

This is my new neighborhood. This is my new reality.

Visitors welcome. :)




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...