Friday, November 16, 2012

Food

It's Frankly Friday... and frankly, I think you should sign up for the Christmas Swap if you haven't. :) Click the button for all the info. Today is last day for sign ups so get it done!





**********

And now on to the real Frankly Friday business.





Let's talk about food.

Food addiction.

I am a food addict.

It's bad guys. I eat all the time. I eat for my meals. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm happy, angry or sad. I eat when I'm celebrating. I eat when I fail. I eat at night while watching tv. I eat when I'm hungry. I eat when I'm not hungry.

I. Eat.

I'm an addict.

I need help.

This has been such a constant struggle for me. Food is my go-to thing. I like food. Food tastes good. Food is fun to eat.

But it is not good to eat like I eat.

This is a problem. Food does not and can not make me happy. So why do I always turn to it?

Here's the thing... almost a year ago I felt like God was asking me to give up sugar for a year. So I did. I haven't had sugar. But I've had sugar substitutes lately and I'm starting to feel like I'm cheating. Yes, I am doing what was asked of me... I'm not eating sugar. I'm glad I'm not eating sugar. BUT... I think it's really about breaking the cycle of comfort eating and learning to let God be my comfort in those times. Learn to let HIM fill me up.

While I have been successful in not eating sugar I have failed miserably at eating well and breaking the bad habits.

I do not eat sugar... but that does not mean I eat well.

So there ya have it... the ugliness of my food addiction. I feel like I have hit a low and when I hit a low the only way to go is up and I feel that I have taken a step or two. Now to continue in the right direction...


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...