Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Overwhelmed

I have a gazillion thoughts floating around in my head but I'm not sure I could get anything coherent out in the blog. My heart is burdened for so many...

  • The women considering abortion. I don't know any personally but I plan to begin volunteering at the local crisis pregnancy center.
  • The young girls sold as sex slaves. I've requested a book from the library. I want to know more and I want to help.
  • The children in my neighborhood. I hear their parents swearing at them as they drop them off for school. The other day I was thinking about orphans and I am not at a place to adopt any into my home but I heard God say to my heart "You are surrounded by orphans of love." I will love adopt my neighbors.
  • I am appalled at the way humans treat each other. This week there was an accident at our zoo and a young boy died. It's amazing to me how many attack this mother and want justice. I just want to give her a hug. How dare us throw stones at those who's mistakes are publicized while we get to keep ours a secret. 

There are so many in this world hurting so deeply. So much pain.
I'm only one person.
Can I really make a difference?
Can I cause change to happen?
Will I impact in a way that is eternal? 

What am I going to do with my life?
Can I do more than I am doing now?

I HATE to see women hurting. Absolutely hate it... more than anything else.

My heart is heavy.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...