Friday, December 28, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm on a quest to find out how much chicken noodle soup one person can consume before becoming sick of it.

Not really... but it feels like it.

Last Friday I woke up with a sore throat. By the end of the day I was more than ready to get home from the Christmas party and get in my bed. Nyquil saved the night.

Saturday was spent in bed. Fever. I think I was awake for a total of only four or five hours all day. Slept all night again.

Since then I've been on the couch with a horrible cough and zero energy.

At some point Jason also got sick. Fever. Coughing. Poor boy. We did a lot of snuggling on the couch. Good thing I have a fat couch. Did you ever watch The Big Comfy Couch as a kid? I want one of those. For real.

 IMG_2693 copy

I'm still pretty miserable but I managed to sleep without Nyquil last night... was good because when I use Nyquil to sleep I might sleep but I don't ever feel rested. I need real sleep.

I've had chicken noodle soup at least once every day. Nothing sounds very yummy right now.

I've had to cancel all Christmas plans... or miss out as I sent Mike and the kids along. It's been a miserable week for me.

But Mike... he held things together here. He cooked all the meals. He cleaned the house. He took care of the kids. He bought me soup. He made me soup. He let me sleep in. He basically made it very easy for me to just lounge around on the couch all week reading books and watching movies.

Maybe it's because I got him a super awesome shirt for Christmas...

IMG_2793 copy

Or maybe it's just because he's a really great guy.

I got out for the first time in a week today. I sat at Panera and ate soup and read... you know... instead of doing that at home. It just felt good to put on a pair of jeans! And to be somewhere other than home.

Hopefully this cough doesn't last for the rest of my life... I'm tired of it... and chicken noodle soup.




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...