Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Today isn't really my day. Nothing has gone wrong but it just feels like the black cloud has parked itself over me and no matter how hard the wind blows it's here to stay for a while. Days like this aren't much fun. It's a constant struggle for me to not let things that should not bother me... bother me. There is some hope though... I talked to a pharmacist that many friends have recommended. He specializes in hormonal imbalance and the more I read about it the more I think that that could be what is wrong with me.

Symptoms that I experience... headaches, fatigue, mood swings, depression and I think there were more. After talking with the pharmacist I left with a natural solution... or hopefully it will be a solution. I'll give it a try for a while and see if there are changes. If there are I will be sure to let you all know about it.

Until then I'll just keep hoping that I wake up on a sunny beach somewhere. Today more than ever I am missing the warmth of the sun on my skin. I am a sunshine girl for sure.

A day like this would be so refreshing right now...

IMG_2308 1


**********


I'm having a fun time putting together my package of favorite things to send off to my swap partner!! And I'm excited to get a fun package in the mail sometime soooon!

Fun mail always makes my day.




**********


Superbowl this weekend. Us Pittsburgh fans have a hard dilemma on our hands. Do we root for the team that would have as many superbowl rings as the Steelers if they win? Or do we root for our greatest rival? Perhaps we'll just eat good food and pretend it doesn't really happen.

But here's the hardest news about the superbowl...

 391296_527677207254290_1556159498_n 644417_528011890554155_1211581227_n 
 (Photos from The A21 Campaign)

Slaves... in AMERICA! 

So... while this weekend may be nothing more than fun and games for most... so many will just be living a continuation of their nightmare. I'm not trying to make it so that you aren't able to enjoy the superbowl, the parties, the food. But do, please, be aware of what else is going on. 

Become educated about sex trafficking. If you see something suspicious call the trafficking hotline to report it so that someone can look into it...  888-373-7888  (just put that number in your cell phone... even if you live in the middle of nowhere. You never know when it might come in handy!)

Louisanna, I know I have some readers from that state... that is where the superbowl is coming. And with it will come sex slaves. Girls as young as 12 and 13 years old being bought and sold for sex. Please pass the hotline number onto your friends. That simple thing... a moment to pass on a number and create some awareness... could save a life.  

I'll be writing more about sex trafficking sometime in the near future. It's hard to get my thoughts together on it and then communicate them clearly. But it is something that needs to be discussed so I will continue working on it until it comes together.


**********


Whew... this is kind of a downer of a post! I didn't intend for it to be that. I'm off to put on some cozy clothes, snuggle up in my afghan that I MADE! and do some crocheting. Made a cup cozy last night. I think I need to make some more. And I need to continue working on the new afghan I started. I'm kind of obsessed... and I never even though I would finish that first baby one I started!

How are you doing today?

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...