Monday, February 11, 2013

Living What I Teach Them

I talk to my kids about almost everything.

They know that girls are not for sale. They can learn more about that when they are older.
They know that we were saving our coins to give to the crisis pregnancy center in town because some people decide that they don't want to have their babies and they get rid of them. We want to do something about that.
They know I have a sugar addiction.

They aren't afraid to talk to me about my sugar problem... as you read in the last post.

Having my kids straight up ask me if I was making a bad choice when eating the sugary stuff was really convicting. It's wrong of me to be telling them to make good choices and then sit there making bad ones right in front of them... KNOWING that I am making a bad choice.

SO...

Today I went to Panera for a bit of me time and while sitting there I remembered that they have the most amazing peanut butter cookies. For a second I debated getting one but then I remembered my kids looking at me asking what kind of choices I was making. I decided to pass on the cookie and I went home and told Liza that I made a good choice. She was so happy for me. I had no idea that my kids could make me feel so awesome for making the right decision when it comes to sugar.

In fact, I felt so good about it all that I exercised for the first time in forever. (I may regret that in the morning hahaha.)

I plan to continue making GOOD CHOICES... because that's what I want for my kids... for them to make good choices in life.

Of course, it will be difficult for me to get back on the no sugar thing... especially since it's Valentine's week and the kids will be getting loads of candy from school. And they just came home from the grandparents' with jellybeans (a favorite) and brownie mix (another favorite). And next week is Jason's birthday. And it just doesn't end. There will always be sugar. Everyone else, including my family (unfortunately), will always be eating it. I can't get away from it.

Instead, I guess I'll just have to do the right thing.

I have to live what I teach.

They have seen me fail.
And now they will watch as I pick myself back up and get back on the right path.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...