Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rest

I've been saying for a while now "I can't wait for May!"

What is so significant about May you ask? May... the time when I can rest. I'm taking a year off of almost all things that I have been involved in. I plan to get my head, heart and spirit together. I need to take care of my health. (Don't worry... nothing major... just some hormone issues that need sorted out.) I plan to take a year to refresh.

This morning I clicked on a link that just so happened to say very well what has been on my mind about rest.

"There is a time to stop and rest, however. Rest is good... rest is one of the very good things in life to do. Our bodies need rest, our minds need rest, our spirits need rest... our relationships need for us to be rested... our jobs need for us to be rested... the GOOD GOOD things in the world that we do need a rested BEST of us."

You can read the entire, short, article of encouragement on The Brave Girls Club site.

So, I'm going to rest in that year. And I'm not talking the sleep kind of rest but the resting in God and who He is. I'm going to find joy.

You've probably heard it said that "the joy of the Lord is our strength." It's a phrase from the Bible. (Nehemiah 8:10 to be exact.) I figure that's great and all but HOW do I get the joy of the Lord... because I could really use some strength right now!

I've been reading in Psalms and the other day I found the answer to my question in Psalm 17:11. It says,

You make known to me the path of life;
you will FILL ME WITH JOY IN YOUR PRESENCE,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

I'm taking a year to rest in God's presence. 

I have a feeling that it's going to be a great year with great outcomes!

How do you feel about rest? Do you take the time to rest? Do you feel guilty when you rest? Do you desperately NEED rest??



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...