Saturday, March 23, 2013

Bucket List

I see bucket lists all the time and every time I read one I think "Hmm... I've never made a bucket list. Maybe I should. Naaah."

Bucket list... a list of things to do before you die. There are websites that help you write your list. There are books telling us places we need to see and things we need to do before we die. There are numerous resources available if a bucket list is your thing.

I do have things I would LIKE to do...
make it to the Grand Canyon
sky dive
ummm... yeah I'm struggling with this kind of list.
Likely because while these things would be nice they aren't really important to me. They aren't things that drive me. They don't come out of a passion of mine. And in all honesty... when I'm dead I really won't be siting around thinking "oh my gosh! Send me back! I never got to sky diiiiive! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Pretty sure I'll survive heaven without those experiences... because I AM going to heaven.

Is there anything wrong with having a bucket list? No! Not at all. But I just can't get myself to write the normal kind of list.

The more I think about it the more I realize I have a different kind of bucket list and it goes something like this...

*Positively impact the lives of enough people that if the stories were collected after I die you could fill at least three books.
*Give a child a home and family. Whether that means bringing that child into my own home or paying for someone else to be able to adopt doesn't matter. I need to give a child a home and a family.
*Save a life... will happen with my involvement in pro-life organizations.
*Know God. REALLY know Him.
*Live in a way so that at the end, when I'm gone, the thing that is known about me is that I knew God.
* Buy a second home so that I can help families that hit hard times get back on their feet instead of becoming homeless.

I want to live an outrageous life!

Outrageous... passing reasonable bounds; highly unusual or unconventional; extravagant; remarkable.

The reason I want to live like this has nothing to do with me... it has everything to do with Jesus. When you meet Jesus it changes your life. It changes the reason you live. It changes how you see your time on earth. If I get to see amazing places and do things like sky dive on the way through this life that's wonderful! But those aren't the things I live for. Those aren't the things that keep me moving forward.

People are the reason I live... to show them God's love and shine HIS light.

What's on your bucket list?





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...