Saturday, March 16, 2013

Content

Content...  peace of mind; mental or emotional satisfaction.

Yesterday Mike and the kids headed our for the night. For me it was a  Toby Mac, Group 1 Crew, Lecrae kind of music day. Upbeat. Excitement. FUN. I was preparing for a night with friends. Filling my house with friends, fun and new memories is one of my most favorite things. Oh... and good food. :)

The night was a complete blast... full of belly dancing (yes hahah!) and crafting and laughter. A night where we were all free to be ourselves without the worries of life.

At the end of the night everyone left and I had my house to myself. I went to bed so full of peace and joy.

I woke up this morning with an overwhelming sense of content. My life isn't perfect but I have SO MUCH! I love my house even with it's unsanded, unfinished floors and kitchen on the back porch. I love it because already in the short six months we've been here it is home. It is full of memories. I know, without any doubt at all, that I am right where I am supposed to be. THIS is part of God's perfect plan for my family.

My friends are the best in the world. Keepers for life. People I can trust with my heart and count on to encourage me to continue becoming a better person. New friends. Old friends. I'll take them all! I am absolutely convinced that my town has the best people in the world. If you asked me why I live here it has nothing at all to do with the town... but it has everything to do with the people. The people are the reason I am still here. I can't imagine leaving. These people are also my home.

This morning I sit here with a hot cup of tea and my Bible. It's quiet because Mike and the kids are still gone. My house is clean because the kids weren't here to make their usual messes. :) It's a Kari Jobe, Jack Johnson, Sarah Groves, Norah Jones music kind of day.

I am content.

I have this feeling of fullness... like I just might burst at the seems with love and excitement. As I was thinking on that I realized that the only other time I have felt a similar feeling was when me and lightning had a little meeting.

Power.

Contentment is a powerful thing.

The past few years have been a bit rocky but I feel like I've made it to the mountaintop and it's my time to just sit and enjoy the view. The sunrise of a brand new day. A new beginning. A fresh start.

Psalm 59:16-17
But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
for you are my fortress,
my refuge in times of trouble.
You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
you, God, are my fortress,
my God on who I can rely.

My God on whom I can rely.

I am content in life because of my God on whom I can rely.

Go have a hot cup of tea and enjoy some mellow music. :)



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...