Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Trust

Soooo... I'm doing my usual thing... sitting at Panera. Some days I just like to get out by myself. Sit. Relax. Read. Pray. Journal. Panera is my place to do that.

I've been reading the Psalms. Some days I read and feel like I walk away with nothing. Some days I can't stop reading because everything is making sense and doing things to my heart. And some days, like today, one line sticks with me and won't let me go.

Psalm 55 ends with this...

"as for me, I trust in you."

Honestly, I'm not real sure what the entire Psalm is talking about but that last line caught my attention. I imagine it being said with great conviction. "As for me, I trust in you!" That is present. It doesn't say "I trusted" or "I will trust". No, it simply says "I trust."

On good days and bad
--I trust.

In sickness and health
--I trust.

When I don't understand
--I trust.

No matter what, in all circumstances
--I trust.


And that's when I found myself asking if I, regardless of what is going on around me, can say "as for me, I trust in you"? Or does it shift with my circumstances?

It's easy to trust when things are going good and life is smooth. But the depth of our trust, our faith, is revealed in the storms.

Even in the storms I want to say with great conviction

"AS FOR ME, I TRUST IN YOU!"





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...