Thursday, April 25, 2013

I Wish I Didn't Like Food So Much

Life would be easier if I was a really picky eater right? Liking food just makes it all so difficult. I have so many food problems and addictions it's ridiculous.

You may remember that I wrote about hormone imbalance recently and that the progesterone cream I started using really helped lessen my sugar cravings. That's still true. However, it didn't take away my love of all things sweet.

I was doing so well... exercising, eating well... lost three pounds in three weeks. I was on a roll. I started using the progesterone cream and I thought "This is it! I have all my answers!" I just forgot that the cream wouldn't take away the fact that I am an emotional eater. So there I was... doing so well... and then life happened. I was hurt. I was angry. I was going to eat whatever I wanted and I was going to eat a lot of it! I went on vacation. I was going to eat ice cream on the beach every night if I wanted to.  Because... you know... food is my FRIEND! Food makes me feel better. Food looooves me.

How foolish.

I also got a cold around the same time and you know how that can knock you right out of exercising.

So here I am... with those three pounds I lost added back on. I'm sitting here with a full, gross, bloated stomach.

I am an emotional eater.

Ugh! How do I beat this beast!?!?!

One day at a time.
One meal at a time.

It's time to get back on track.
I feel better when I eat well.
I like life more when I am eating well.

And... I have some new information to test out.

I've never looked into this whole gluten free thing but someone posted a link on Facebook this morning about 10 Symptoms of Gluten Intolerance. Ummm... I think I have seven of the ten symptoms. (Several of them being very similar to symptoms of hormone imbalance.) Soooo... I guess I should put gluten free on my list of things to try. Of course as I read down the list of foods that contain gluten I just want to cry. It's everything I eat and love. It would be a HUGE change for me to go gluten free. It would mean learning new ways to cook and no longer making most of my favorite meals. It's not something I would enjoy.

But...

It's probably something I should try.

I'm not ready yet though.
Maybe next week.
Until then I'll keep reading more info about it and looking for recipes.
It's going to have to be a gradual transition for me if I'm going to do it.

Do you eat gluten free?
Any tips?
Favorite recipes and snacks?





media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...