Monday, April 1, 2013

Joy in the Hard Times

I've been called fake before because I can have a hard, hurtful, stressful situation going on but still manage to laugh and smile. This is not me being fake. Not at all. I'm able to continue to laugh and enjoy the GOOD situations in life even when the storms come because deep down in my core I have JOY.

You see... years ago God "lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock gave me a firm place to stand." (Psalm 40:2)

And since then I've been like the man who built his house on rock instead of sand...

Luke 6:47-49
As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.

The storms will come. There will be trouble. That's life. (John 16:33) BUT we don't have to collapse under those troubles.

"The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him."(Psalm 92:15)

"Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal." (Isaiah 26:4)

God is my ROCK. I've built my life on him and his truth, love and promises. Life may be messy right now. It may be hard. And it may be hard for a while now... BUT I still find that I have a happy heart because I know who I am... I am HIS.

My value is not wrapped up in my situations.
My identity is not wrapped up in my situations.
My joy is not wrapped up in my situations.

My value, identity and joy are wrapped up in God... my Rock.

The Lord is my Rock... a firm foundation and support.
My world may crumble but I don't need to.

And so today... yes I have hard and hurtful things going on. But I still have a happy heart... because I have a firm place to stand.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...