Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

I usually only have one wish for Mother's Day... to do NOTHING. I don't want to have to get the kids ready for the day. I don't want to have to get out of bed until I want to get out of bed. I don't want to deal with the fighting between Liza and Jason. I don't want to cook. I don't want to clean... but I want the house to BE clean. Throw in some Panerapy and it's a great day!

Mother's Day is my day OFF.

Except this year Mike works... all. day. long.

He works at the church during the winter and they asked if he could still do some Sundays during the summer. Unfortunately he got scheduled for Mother's Day. He goes in from 7:30-1:00 and then again from 5:00-9:00. That means I have to do all those things I didn't want to have to do.

BUMMER!

I guess I can forgive him this year though since I GOT TO ORDER A NEW CAMERA LAST NIGHT!!!!

That's right!! This baby is on it's way...

680674


Should be here Wednesday. Do you know how far away that is!?!?! I've been waiting for a camera upgrade for about two years now!! If you've been around here for that long you know that I first saved up the money but ended up putting it towards Mike's book that he wanted to self publish. It was a wonderful project and I Love You All the Time was worth the sacrifice... especially since my current camera was still working just fine.

Then, this past December I had the money saved up again but felt like I should pay down my mortgage so I skipped the camera again.

But lately I just haven't felt like my camera is functioning like it should. It's wearing out. I've had it for five years now and who knows how many gazillions of photos it has snapped! It's slowing down. And I'm photographing a wedding in a month. I wasn't comfortable with my camera for that... so I started talking about getting a new one. We moved some money around and with what I have scheduled with photo shoots... between our extra savings and my sessions it will pay for itself really fast.

So I ordered it!

I can't wait for Wednesday!! Don't ask me to do anything on Wednesday... I'll be waiting for the UPS guy. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there!




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...