Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hey Mom!... What would you say if I got a tattoo?

That's the question I asked my mom over the phone one summer about twelve years ago.

MOM: Laura?
ME: Well... what would you say?
MOM: Laura?
ME: Don't worry mom... I got one yesterday.

Guess what mom!
I got another one today. :)


 IMG_8885 copybw-001
(It's still looking pretty fresh because I only got it an hour before this photo.)

Why hope?

It's no secret that this has been a tough year for me. There were times where I felt hopeless, defeated, done. But every time I got to the end of my hope I found another reason to hope a little longer. Plus, if I was going to put something on me permanently where it would be forever visible I needed it to be something that is timeless. Hope is timeless.

HOPE
*the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best
*a person or thing in which expectations are centered
*to look forward with desire and reasonable confidence
 
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

My hope is in the Lord, my expectations are centered on him... and because of that I can believe that events will turn out for the best and look forward with confidence.

So why on my right ring finger?
Well, I didn't want it on my left because that is where my wedding rings go. So I went with the right. I put it there because I want the daily reminder to keep hoping but also to remind me that the last time I continued to hope in God I made it through.

Hope.
It's necessary.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...