Friday, June 21, 2013

Pymatuning Spillway... A Whole Lot of Fish!!

We were told that while at Pymatuning we MUST go to the Spillway. It's the place where the fish are so many that the ducks walk on their backs. True... saw it. Crazy!

IMG_8337 copy

You guys! I couldn't believe the amount of fish and geese and the insanity of it all!

It pretty much looked like this for, I don't know... 150 yards? More?

 IMG_8166 copy

Fish up against the wall and the geese right next to them.

People were throwing bread (we didn't have any) and both the fish and geese would just go crazy over it! So much noise... squawking geese and fish slapping the water. Pictures don't even really do it justice so I took a little video... because my awesome new camera can do that. :)



Madness.

Amazing and completely gross at the same time.
We watched for at least 45 minutes.

IMG_8161 copy

IMG_8188 copy

IMG_8266 copy

IMG_8210 copy

IMG_8228 copy

IMG_8239 copy

The fish would go over the little spillway and they couldn't get back out. So they stayed there. Jam packed. Ridiculous. They could swim out the other side and be in wide open waters... I'm guessing they wanted the bread??? Ha... who knows but I'd be all "I'm outta here!"

IMG_8282 copy

IMG_8275 copy

IMG_8260 copy

IMG_8267 copy

 IMG_8178 copy

IMG_8152 copy

And that, my friends, is the Pymatuning Spillway. We are planning a day trip to take the kids up to see it. We'll be taking bread with us this time!


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...