Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Spontaneous Vacation

Mike came home from work around 2:30 on Monday afternoon and told me they weren't working on Tuesday. I mentioned it would be nice if we could do a little overnight getaway. He called his mom, she agreed to keep the kids for us and our spontaneous getaway was set in motion.

We picked a location, found a place to stay, cleaned up (the kids were in the little plastic pool), packed and loaded ourselves in the van. By 4:00 we were on the road.

We ended up going to Jamestown, PA. There isn't a whole lot there but we found an awesome little Bed and Breakfast there and the goal was to spend Tuesday at Pymatuning State Park.

 IMG_8038 copy

The Wester Farm Bed and Breakfast was PERFECT! I can't believe how well it worked out last minute. I've never stayed at a B&B before and well... I have a feeling I've been spoiled. We actually had our own little cabin.

 IMG_7966 copy

IMG_7960 copy

IMG_7947 copy

IMG_7948 copy

IMG_7949 copy

IMG_7951 copy

The cabin sleeps five and it would be a perfect place to stay with the kids. We actually called back today with crossed fingers hoping that they had an opening on July 6. They did not. It's a great place and I figured it would be full with the holiday.

I just loved everything about the B&B. The place... it was out in the middle of nowhere. Farmland. Amish all around. Quiet!

IMG_8033 copy

The hosts were wonderful and breakfast was a feast! Seriously... ate about half of it. Omelets, sausage, toast (homemade bread) with awesome jam, fresh berries, baked oatmeal, coffee, tea, juice. Best breakfast I've had in a long time!

They have some cows too. :)

IMG_8049 copy

Friday evening Mike and I arrived and unloaded. Then we went into town for dinner and ice cream. We followed that with a walk down the dirt road that the B&B is on. Mike picked me flowers. I took pictures. We enjoyed the peace and quiet. Calm.

It was a great start to our little getaway!!

 100_3187 copy

 100_3191 copy

 100_3196 copy

IMG_8042 copy

IMG_8025 copy



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...