Thursday, June 6, 2013

Strength

IMG_4962 copy copy


Here's the thing about my God... He is real.

He is constant.
He is true to his Word.
Faithful.
Ever present.
Loving.
Kind.
A Father... Daddy.
Reliable.

He is I AM.

Everything I need.

You are all aware by now that life has not been easy for me these past few months... but walking through it with God has made it bearable... do-able.

Most days I'm walking along just fine but then life delivers another sucker punch.
Caught off guard.
Feeling the rawness of hurt again.

It will continue to happen.
Reminders of so many hurtful things are going to continue to come.

But my God is there.
Holding my hand.
Not letting me fall the entire way to the ground.
Catching me when I trip.

Then he holds me up.
Encourages me.

We're not going back to that valley he whispers to my heart.
Look ahead.
Keep going.

He shows me the way and speaks love in the language I understand.
For every blow that has hit God has given a blessing.
For every day that should be hard he has given a gift.

Every day he is breathing new life into the broken places.
Restoring.
Rebuilding.

Hope.

The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. (Exodus 15:2)



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...