Friday, July 12, 2013

Frankly...

*My brain is fried. I want to sit and write but there is nothing to write about. Deep thoughts? I don't have any. Gone. Summer vacation. Or something.

*I'm a total email slacker lately. I love all your comments and I know that some of them should get a response. (I've never believed that every single comment needs a response... but some definitely do!) I'm sorry. I just... it's the brain on vacation thing. I just haven't felt like emailing too much. I love you all and I love your comments. They make me happy. :) 

*I've been reading a lot. I love my Kindle Fire! I keep snagging free books when I see them and I've been working my way through the pile one at a time. I'm never without a book to read. It's wonderful! Yesterday I finished Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann... sooooo good! It's still free! (You should get it!) And I just realized the second book in the series is down to $3.99. I'm waiting for a copy from the library but ummm... I might just have to go ahead and buy it. Anyways... Secrets pulled me in from the beginning and I had a hard time putting it down. I loved the characters, their struggles and their relationships. Really well written. Good story. I NEED the next book!

*Uh... I just ordered book two. :)

*This summer has been nice and relaxing. A few photo shoots here and there but other than that not much on our schedule at all. I've been enjoying the slow pace and the space to give my mind a break. I've been enjoying doing things with the kids. This morning we spent 2 1/2 hours at the park. Everyone is happy.

*I started crocheting this blanket. I needed a summer project and since it's a granny square blanket that means I just get to work in little tiny squares and eventually sew them together... no sweating under a full afghan... it's too hot for that!

*Speaking of too hot... I always seem to pick the hottest week of the year to visit my parents... who have no air conditioning. I'll be taking my fans with me and they will be forever in front of me next week.

*Speaking of weather... sometimes I can be so oblivious to what is going on around me because I don't watch the news/weather. The other night we had some awful storms and I didn't realize how bad they were until people started writing about tornadoes in neighboring towns. I still don't know what happened. I also didn't realize that the corner (I'm the second house from the corner) was flooded for a while and that loads of my neighbors had loads of water in their basements. I'm just super thankful that my drains and pumps were able to keep up with the insane amount of water that was coming down and our basement stayed dry. Thank you Jesus!

*I should probably get back to some cleaning and laundry... and reading and crocheting. Maybe I'll throw in an email or two and get around to finishing up edits on a photo shoot I did last week. Or maybe I'll just go take a nap in the yard while the kids play.

*I apologize for the most boring post ever... if you find my brain please tell it to come back to me!








media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...