Monday, July 22, 2013

The Circle... Creativity

I'm a little slow at getting in on this one but I'm linking up with Kiki at In It's Time for The Circle today. I recently discovered her blog and she quickly found a spot on my list of favorite bloggers!




1. What does creativity mean to you?
IMG_9771 copy

IMG_1239 copy

IMG_0927 copy


2. How do you stay creative? Who do you draw inspiration from?
At the risk of sounding cheesy... I draw inspiration from THE CREATOR Himself.
  • Creative discipline? Holy Spirit wisdom.
  •  Fresh ideas? God-bulbs. I just made that up... you know how people usually say "lightbulb!" when they get a good idea or finally understand something? I think it often comes from a deeper place. A God place. 
  • I'm currently brainstorming a photography project I want to attempt as God helps me work through my own pain and healing. It was his idea and will reflect him and shine a light on his love, grace and goodness.
Of course I also do the usual... browsing pinterest, flickr, craft shows.

Sometimes I need to be alone for creativity to happen and sometimes I need to be with people. There is no set formula for me and I never really know where I'll find my next bit of creative inspiration.

And I can always count on creativity coming from plain old ridiculous moments. :)

IMG_1876 copy
(Gotta love a tripod and remote for the camera!)

My kids always offer lots of inspiration as well. One time Liza drew this...

IMG_8889 1

...so I made this...

IMG_8896 1


3.  What is a creative part of you that you don't share much on your blog (i.e. a talent, hobby, activity, passion, etc.)?
Hmmm... I don't think I have any secrets.
I'm obsessed with photography.
I crochet hats and afghans.
I sew from time to time.

IMG_1859 copy

IMG_2985 copy

IMG_2808 copy


Being creative is a big part of who I am. I love to make things. I've always got a crafting stash in the corner with projects in progress!

How about you? What do you like to create?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...