1. What does creativity mean to you?
- Making things.
- Living outside the box.
- Being original.
- Unusual ideas.
- Becoming like God. I was made in the image of The Creator... and therefore I create.
2. How do you stay creative? Who do you draw inspiration from?
At the risk of sounding cheesy... I draw inspiration from THE CREATOR Himself.
- Creative discipline? Holy Spirit wisdom.
- Fresh ideas? God-bulbs. I just made that up... you know how people usually say "lightbulb!" when they get a good idea or finally understand something? I think it often comes from a deeper place. A God place.
- I'm currently brainstorming a photography project I want to attempt as God helps me work through my own pain and healing. It was his idea and will reflect him and shine a light on his love, grace and goodness.
Sometimes I need to be alone for creativity to happen and sometimes I need to be with people. There is no set formula for me and I never really know where I'll find my next bit of creative inspiration.
And I can always count on creativity coming from plain old ridiculous moments. :)
(Gotta love a tripod and remote for the camera!)
My kids always offer lots of inspiration as well. One time Liza drew this...
...so I made this...
3. What is a creative part of you that you don't share much on your blog (i.e. a talent, hobby, activity, passion, etc.)?
Hmmm... I don't think I have any secrets.
I'm obsessed with photography.
I crochet hats and afghans.
I sew from time to time.
Being creative is a big part of who I am. I love to make things. I've always got a crafting stash in the corner with projects in progress!
How about you? What do you like to create?