Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mixed Emotions

This Wednesday... tomorrow = first day of school.

Liza is going to first grade and Jason to kindergarten.

I've had a lot of people asking me if I'm excited for the kids to be going to school and honestly... not really. I won't lie... I'll enjoy those 2 1/5 hours by myself every morning. I'm good at alone time. And I get excited when I think that maybe I could actually have a clean house for longer than ten minutes at a time.

But... I'm going to miss my kids! I love them so much and they are such a joy to have. I love talking to them and hearing what is running through their minds. They crack me up all the time... even when they are fighting. Yes... we have our blow up moments where we all lose it... but the good times faaaar outweigh the bad.

Liza and Jason are truly the little joys of my life.

It's going to be quiet around here without their giggles and singing... and fighting.
There isn't going to be anyone to randomly come to me for a hug and a snug.
This house will seem so lifeless without their little imaginations bringing it to life.

I can't believe that someone else will have my Liza for six hours a day five days a week!
Kind of makes me want to cry a little.
Someone else gets to have my Liza and Jason stories.
I want their stories.
But I guess I need to learn to share them at some point.
And I certainly don't want to homeschool.

Guess I'll have to settle for still being able to pick Jason up at lunchtime and being able to spy on Liza at recess... perks of living across the road from the school!

Anyone else not looking forward to sending their kids off to school???


 IMG_9674 copy

IMG_9675 copy

IMG_9676 copy

IMG_9677 copy

IMG_9678 copy

IMG_9687 copy




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...