Thursday, August 22, 2013

Surrender

A few weeks ago a friend wrote a blog post about how she's been stuck. I noticed that she had been writing things like that for a while so even though I was far from being in a great place myself I offered some accountability. Another reader that I now consider a friend saw my comment and asked to be able to join us in accountability or whatever it was that we ended up doing.

This little group of three has become a wonderful thing in a really short time. They are praying for me, encouraging me and just being honest, real, transparent. (It's the only way for accountability to truly work!)

We are reading a book together (more on that later) and also setting goals for ourselves to work on. In praying about what my goal for the next three months should be the word SURRENDER kept coming to mind... so surrender it is. Whatever God asks me to surrender I will work on fully surrendering.

I had no idea though that he would take it in the direction he did.

Today it wasn't just the word surrender that kept coming to mind but instead there was a two word phrase... STOP SURRENDERING.

And I knew exactly what it was about.

Food.

I hate that I love food so much. I hate that I am always eating what I know I shouldn't. I hate that I am constantly bloated because of eating those wrong foods. I hate that I can't lose weight and that my clothes are getting smaller and smaller on me every week. Something has got to change.

I need to STOP SURRENDERING to food. To cravings. To emotions.

Surrender means
-to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress
-to give (oneself) up, as to the police
-to give (oneself) up to some influence, course, emotion, etc.
-to give up, abandon, or relinquish (comfort, hope, etc.)

Surrender is no joke!
To give up.
To yield to the power of another. (Or food.)
To give oneself up to emotion.

I need to STOP SURRENDERING to food.
I need to stop giving up and giving in to what I know is not right for me.
I need to stop yielding to the power of cravings.

I need to STOP SURRENDERING and instead stand firm, do what's right, overcome.

Will it be easy?
Nope.
No battle is ever easy. There are always casualties.
But I don't need to continue surrendering.

Instead, I need to just STOP IT.

Starting today.




media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...