Friday, September 20, 2013

Rest

I decided a while ago that I am taking a year off from recurring commitments. I'm leaving my days open to spend as I see fit for myself. I'm resting.

And it. is. WONDERFUL!

I needed this rest.

I wouldn't say that I was already a burnout... but I was definitely weighted down by a lot of things happening in my life. I'm not superwoman. I can't do everything at once. And so I didn't even try.

I stripped away the things that I could.
I simplified my life.
I got down to the basics.

And now I can truly focus on the few things that really do need my focus at this time. What is it that really needs my focus? Relationships.

My relationship with God.
My relationship with my family.
My relationships with others.

I'm resting... and waiting on God for direction. 
And during this time I am finding that I am being refreshed.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

If you need rest... STOP! Stop and get that rest. We are much more effective in every area of our lives when we take care of our own needs. It's not selfish to take care of me. It's necessary.

We don't need to feel guilty for taking care of ourselves. 

Rest is goood.
And being refreshed? It feels amazing!






media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...