Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Decorating for Fall

I don't do a whole lot of seasonal decorating but every once in a while I find myself inspired and ideas floating around in my head and let's face it... I'll use any excuse to get a little crafty!

This is the first time I've ever decorated for fall and I like to keep things simple. Here is what I came up with...

I had to do something with the mantle and I'm obsessed with burlap and bunting.

IMG_6204 copy

I had the vases leftover from the 4th of July. I decided that they looked nice sitting there empty and just wrapped a string of fall leaves around them.

IMG_6203 copy

IMG_6210 copy

IMG_6213 copy

I'm really happy with how the bunting turned out too! Was really easy to make... and cheap! I got my inspiration HERE.)

IMG_6208 copy

The shelf in the corner got a decorated jar with some flowers in it. You can find a tutorial for the jar decoration HERE. It was a bit trickier than I thought it would be but I like how it turned out!

IMG_6950 copy

IMG_6953 copy

And then the dining room...

For the table I just put down a piece of burlap and filled a large vase with popcorn and a candle.

IMG_6930 copy

That's our Thankful Tree hanging in the background and it desperately needs more leaves!

In the corner is another decorated jar...

IMG_6939 copy

IMG_6942 copy

I made the doily for under the jar. It just needed something and I decided to make that something. Man... doilies are tedious work! But I like how it turned out! I'm thankful that I chose a small one haha. I wanted to kill something by the time I got to the end of it. :)

IMG_6956 copy

IMG_6960 copy

And that's it... my fall decorations. For me, less is more. And I'm glad I can leave it all up for two months!

Have you decorated for fall? I would love to see some photos of what you did!



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...