Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lesson Learned

When my family was all together I insisted that we do family photos. It was four years since the last time we had all been together (photos HERE) and who knows how long it will be until everyone can make it home at the same time again. A family photo was necessary. I tried to make it as easy as possible and thankfully the time I told everyone to be at the house and ready worked out. It had rained earlier in the day but it quit in time for pictures and it was still cloudy meaning we could just step out the back door for pictures.

I set up the tripod. Got everyone set... kind of difficult when I had to leave a spot for myself! I eventually got things good enough and jumped in my place and managed to get all the kids looking at the camera, all 21 people with eyes open! It was glorious!!

That is until I put the pics on the computer later that night and realized that my focus wasn't sharp at all. Boo! No... really... I wanted to cry and kick myself. I was so mad at myself. Once I got everything set and took some practice shots without me in them I forgot to switch the focus over to manual so that it wouldn't move and refocus where it shouldn't. :( I will probably never forget to do that again! Geez.

Anyways... keeping in mind that I know these aren't crazy sharp in their focus... here is my family in the field we all grew up playing in. 

 IMG_7064 copy

 5x7IMG_7070 copy

 IMG_7076 copy

 IMG_7078 copy

 IMG_7080 copy
(One of these things is not like the other... that pops into my head every time I look at this photo haha. Apparently they missed the cue to go back to normal one more time. :))

 IMG_7084 copy

Seven kids jumping at the same time while using the remote on 2 second timer???

 IMG_7091 copy

 IMG_7086 copy



 So that's my family.
Started with 8 and now there are 21.
And I'd rather have fuzzy pictures of it than no pictures at all. 
They aren't too bad as long as I leave them small.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...