Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our God!

For the past two weeks I have had several stressful situations going on. Situations that stressed my mind and my spirit... and man was it getting to me! I was tired. Exhausted really. Not sleeping well. I needed a break.

Friday night I walked into Women of Faith Pittsburgh and one of the first songs in the first worship set was Our God by Chris Tomlin. If you are a Christian I assume you've heard the song and know how it goes...

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God
Our God

And if our God is for us
Then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is with us
Then who can stand against?

101_3451 1

As the song played I threw my hands up in surrender and had to repent and ask for forgiveness.

Forgive me God for forgetting that you have the answers.
Forgive me for trying to work these things out with my own mind... in my own human strength.
Forgive me for forgetting that no matter what happens you ARE God and you ARE good and you will continue to be in the middle of my situations.

And then I did what 1 Peter 5:7 tells me to do...
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

In that moment I felt a gazillion tons lighter. A burden cast off... into the hands of the One who will deal with those situations much more effectively than I could have on my own. And I leave those situations in his hands and simply go when and where he says to go and I stop when he says to stop. I open my mouth when he tells me to and I shut it when he tells me to.

I rest in him. And I trust... I trust that even if things get worse that he is still God and he knows what he is doing.

Because of that... I can praise him all day long!!



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...