Thursday, November 21, 2013

This World...

There are so many things I have been hearing lately that just break my heart.

Things like...

A 12 year old girl jumping to her death because she was bullied to the point that she could no longer take it. And then one of her bullies posts to facebook saying something along the lines of "Yeah I bullied her and she died. I don't care." The language was worse than that and the girl claims her account was hacked. Hacked or not... THIRTY people "liked" the status. That's just sick.

Or how about this new "game" called the knock out game where kids run up behind unsuspecting strangers and punch them in the head? The goal being to knock the person out with one blow. People are dying as a result of this game.

What about the children who are dying from abuse as a result of a "parenting book" called To Train Up A Child? A book that encourages parents to abuse their children. Ugh. 

And how about the things that are happening close to home like "revenge sites". Or let's just call them what they really are... hate sites. My town has many of these sites and I have friends who have ended up on them. It's just ugly.

I often hear the question asked "how can people treat others like they do?"

My theory?

So many no longer value others.
It's a "me me me" world.
We are told "do whatever makes you feel good."
There is no right or wrong. 
We sit behind computer screens spewing hatred and never have to look into the eyes of the person we are hurting.
We are told that it's ok to kill unborn babies.

Life is no longer precious.
We no longer communicate in real ways. We text. We email. We facebook. We have shallow conversations. We are losing touch with reality.

You guys... I just want to encourage you today. In the midst of all the ugly in this world go out and do something beautiful! Help a stranger. Hold a door for the mom who has her hands full. Buy a coffee for the person in line behind you. Hug a homeless person. Volunteer. Smile. Call someone. Send a note.

Tell someone they matter!
Stand up for someone.

Consider others.
Value human life.

Be the beauty in an ugly world.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...