Sunday, January 26, 2014

Winter Wonderland

While I can't say that I love winter as much as I love summer (there's just something about the warm sun on skin!) I do have to admit that I enjoy winter. The cold air can be quite refreshing, the snow is beautiful and fun, I love sweatshirts and days at home, and without winter we wouldn't be able to experience the new birth of spring.

I also have a lot of fond memories from winters growing up. Long days of sled riding with neighbors on Killer Hill... funny thing is that the hill now looks so dinky and I can't figure out why it seemed so killer back in the day. There were also days where we would walk to the park and play hockey for hours! When I was younger I was always outside during winter.

Winter in Pennsylvania is just a part of life and one can either choose to embrace it... or hate it.

I'll embrace it!

This morning I woke up and saw the sun shining in the windows. I peeked out and saw beautiful, sparkly snow! I snapped a picture just before the sun went away for the day. But still...the snow was beautiful so I bundled up and by 8:30 I was out the door with my camera. It was five degrees and a perfect way to start my day!

 004

006

007

008

009

012

014

015

016

018

021

022

023

024

026

027

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...