Thursday, February 27, 2014

Book Before Movie ~ Part 3

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on two more books I've finished from the list of 16 books to read before they hit theaters this year.

First up...

008


Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

This story hooked me early on. The characters were interesting and psychotic. I was never really able to figure out which direction the story would go or how it would end so I had to keep reading. I enjoyed the story and I think it will make a great movie.

What I didn't like... When did authors decide that in order to have a good book it has to be full of sex and swearing? In my opinion there is NEVER a need to use the C-word. It's ugly and offensive. The constant use of swearing throughout the book really took away from what could have been a fun experience. Like I said... good story, well written... but I have to give this book 3 stars out of 5. Actually make that 2... NEVER use the C-word. Hopefully they'll leave that out when they make the movie.



001


Divergent by Veronica Roth

I REALLY enjoyed this book. An easy read that made me ask questions of myself. What faction would I fit in with? What do I value above all else? And in all of it I found a little bit of truth about our world. I enjoyed the characters and the relationships. The quiet strength displayed by many.

I don't really have a lot to say about this book other than I'm glad I read it. It was nice to escape into a made up world and follow the characters. I'm on the wait list for book 2 at the library and I look forward to seeing this movie! If you liked Hunger Games you will like Divergent!


Book Before Movie...
Part 1
Part 2


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...