Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dreaming of Summer

Yesterday was a snow day.
Today was another 2 hour delay.
Icy roads.

Right now?
Right now it's about 50 degrees outside! And when I walked the kids to school the sun was shining and the breeze was blowing. It felt like spring. It felt good!

And while I LOVE winter, once I get that first taste of spring and sunshine and warmth on my face... I want it! I want it all the time. This weekend is supposed to be full of warmer temps and rain. I'm guessing the snow will mostly be gone by Sunday. We'll start seeing patches of green again and everything will look a bit strange since we've been used to seeing it covered in white.

I wanted to get out and enjoy the snow some more before it was all gone so I took my camera for a walk on Monday. I went to the lake where we swim and picnic during the summer. It was absolutely beautiful in winter. I had never gone in winter before! Of course, now that I have I am wondering why it took me so long! And I'm thinking that next year I will take up cross country skiing and ski the lake. I hope next winter is another good one so I can determine if this will be a new hobby for me or not!

So... while the warmer temps and my stroll around the lake have me dreaming of summer, I'm still enjoying these days of winter.

001

002

005

006

007

008

010

011

014

015

016

018

019

021

022

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...