Thursday, February 6, 2014

Find the Beauty

025

I've spent the past few months purposefully looking for the beauty that can be found in winter. It's there... I might have to look a little harder for it... but it's there.

While editing pictures that I had taken of winter, the phrase "find the beauty in winter" kept running through my mind. And then, all of a sudden, the Holy Spirit flipped it and made it so much more meaningful.

I am in a season of winter.
Every area of my life is in winter.
My marriage.
Relationships.
Spirituality.
Ministry.
Work.

You name it, winter has overtaken.

It's been a loooong winter.

I have withdrawn from a lot of things. It could probably even be said that I've become a bit anti-social.

In this time, I continue to seek God and let the Holy Spirit convict and change me. I continue to grow... but I am still in winter. It's frustrating and I often wonder when it will end.

But, "If winter comes, can spring be far behind?"

God has whispered, in that gentle way that he always does... "Find the beauty in winter."

It's there... I might have to look a little harder for it... but it's there.

And spring will eventually come.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...