Friday, February 28, 2014

My Girl

 002

Liza has been talking about getting her ears pierced for MONTHS. I hesitated because I wanted to make sure she REALLY wanted to do it. I also wanted her to be able to fully own the decision.

About a month ago I came up with a plan. The girl is always talking about how she is going to take over my business so I thought I would give her a little taste of what work is like. We worked out a plan and then I advertised that Liza would make kid-sized scarves for anyone who wanted to purchase one. We got a couple orders and Liza got to work! She was making money to buy her first earrings.

 2-19-014 scarves and friends

 009

Yesterday we took Liza's money and had a little girly date. We started by painting Liza's nails and then headed to the mall. First stop was a hair cut. She asked to have several inches off. It's a lot shorter now but I still love it!

After getting her hair done we went to get her ears pieced. She walked up to the counter and told the ladies why she was there. She picked out her earrings and nervously sat in the chair, not knowing what to expect. When the ladies asked if she would like to hold my hand she said, "No, I'll just sit here." And then, before she even knew it, her ears had the sparkly pink flowers in them that she picked out.

Liza shed a few tears, we hugged and then she was nothing but excited!

 001

We celebrated by going to Menchie's for some frozen yogurt. Spoiled dinner by eating dessert first but who cares! Our last stop was Target where we found some new nail polish on clearance. Liza is as girly as it gets!

 002

Me and Liza both loved the whole experience... from waiting for orders, to working together, to FINALLY having the money to go get those ears pierced! Our girly date is such a good memory for us now. I'm so proud of her for all of her hard work, saving and decision making. Liza is super cool!

 006

004

005


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...