Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Perspective

Perspective: a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging 
                      their relative importance.



If I sit on my favorite spot on the couch in my living room this is my view...

007

I sat there the other day thinking about how it actually looks like I live in the woods from this point of view.

However, when I go to the second floor and look out the window directly above, this is what I see...

008

What I can see from my first view is not enough for me to come to any conclusions about what lays beyond the fence. I can't see enough. My perspective is limited.

My perspective of life is also limited.

It's easy to get caught up in the view of everything that is happening RIGHT NOW. And honestly, my right now is a mess... and it has been for a long time. I think I finally start making progress with the mess and more mess gets heaped on.

My perspective is dimmed. It's shallow. It's limited like my view from the couch. And when I only focus on that limited view of my life it is easy to become hopeless and stay down. It's easy to be discouraged.

I can't see beyond my limited view to the good that surrounds it. But the good is there and there are reasons beyond the mess that I need to remain hopeful about... even though I don't yet know what is beyond the mess.

I know as I go through this hard season in life that I am being refined. I know that I need to push through the hard stuff in order to get back to the good and beautiful life. I know I need to shift my perspective back to God and remember that he sees it all. He sees me and the mess of life... and he also sees what lies beyond and all around the mess.

There is a way out of this mess and as long as I stay focused on God I will find it.

Isaiah 43:16-19
This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, who drew out the chariots and horses, the army and reinforcements together, and they lay there, never to rise again, extinguished, snuffed out like a wick: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

I'm letting God, who sees the full picture, lead me through the wilderness.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...