Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Winter That Keeps On Giving

I know lots of people are sick of the snow and cold and winter but I LOVE IT! Sure... it messes up schedules and makes people crazy from being inside all the time, but IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! When it comes to winter I have two choices...

I can grumble and complain my way to spring.

or

I can enjoy the winter season and find the beauty in it. :)

This morning we woke up to several inches of snow followed by a little bit of rain that left an icy coating on top of the snow. School was once again canceled. The kids couldn't wait to get outside and play! We ate breakfast, bundled up and grabbed our shovels.

The snow was heavy, giving us a good workout. We got to visit with several neighbors because they were all outside shoveling out their cars and sidewalks too. I like our neighbors. It was good to see them again. And what I love about a good snow storm is that everyone pitches in and helps out. Neighbors shoveling for neighbors all over the place.

I definitely got more physical activity in my two hours outside this morning than I have in the past three months combined. My body is sore and tired and I'm ready to curl up under a warm blanket with a good book and hot tea for the rest of the day.

There are rumors of a snow storm this weekend that could bring one to two FEET of snow along with it. If that happens I'm not sure where we will put the snow when we have to shovel. I feel like we used up all the space with today's snow. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens!

I, of course, took my camera out for a while this morning. The ice gave me something different to focus on. Photographing things other than people hasn't been something that I have done a lot of, but I decided to push myself to do more of that this year. I grabbed my macro filter and practiced with that as well.

If it hadn't snowed overnight, today would have been just another normal day... and normal, while most of the time a good thing, can get quite dull.

Here are some pictures of what our morning looked like...

003

001
(The car window.)

004

009

010

014

015

017

018

025bw

026

030

034

038

 046

045

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...