Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Let It Go

 005


A conversation I had with Liza last night...

LIZA: I kind of got embarrassed in front of the principal today.
ME: Oh yeah? What happened?
LIZA: When we had our fire drill a bunch of the kids were talking and we got in trouble. I tried to tell the teacher that it wasn't me and it was the other girls but she just said that it was everyone making too much noise.
ME: Did this happen by the principal and that's why you were embarassed?
LIZA: Yeah. And I tried to say who it was but they wouldn't listen to me.
ME: Well... we don't need to be tattle tales and tell on the other girls.
LIZA: But it wasn't me.
ME: I believe you. But telling on others isn't always a good thing either. Sometimes we do end up getting in trouble when we shouldn't because we were doing the right thing but that's when you have to decide not to worry about it. Just trust God and let him take care of you.
LIZA: Maybe I could take care of it myself.
ME: You don't have to. God wants to take care of you. You can just say, "God I need some wisdom. I need to know what to do right now." He'll help you know what to do and I bet a lot of times he might just say "let it go."
LIZA: *busts out in song* LET IT GOOO! *I join her* LET IT GOOOOOO! CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMOOOOOOORE. LET IT GOOOO! LET IT GOOOOOO! TURN AWAY AND SLAM THE DOOOR!


And then I thought... isn't that how it really is? Isn't that what God wants me to do with my problems? Let them go. Give them to him. Don't let them hold ME back anymore. Cast all my cares on him and then turn away and close that door. Trust him to take care of it all.

It's always interesting how God teaches me through the simple conversations I have with my kids.

Today I am letting some thing go. I'm giving them to God and making the decision to not let those things hold me back anymore.


1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...