Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Before Movie ~ Wild

 IMG_3872 1


Wild by Cheryl Strayed was an interesting book for me. There were parts I loved and parts where I was ready to just put the book down and be done with it because I was a little bit bored.

Cheryl writes about her months spent hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, a trail that runs through California, Oregon and Washington. She shares the struggles she experienced in life that lead her to the trail and her solo hike in hopes of sorting through some things and finding herself.

I enjoyed her encounters with strangers and reading as she processed through things in life that were holding her back. I celebrated with her as she reached the end of her journey. But then there were the times where I was all "whoa... that was far too much information." Call me old fashioned, but I prefer classy women over crude women. There were parts of the story that could have been just as good and interesting without the details.

So I'm torn over this book.
I loved it and I didn't.
There were times I was bored with it to the point I almost stopped.
There were times I couldn't stop reading.
But I think it will make a good movie!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...