Friday, May 2, 2014

Dress Dilemma

I'm 34.
This makes shopping for clothes difficult.

You see... I walk through the stores and it seems that I'm seeing clothes that a great for someone who is in their early 20s... and then clothes that are for grandmas. I have a hard time finding clothes that don't seem too old or young for me while still allowing me to feel good... and maybe a little hip. (And maybe I just made myself look like a big dork for using the word hip!)

There are fashion bloggers. Their lives seem to revolve around clothing. They think about clothing and color and style and what's in and what's out and how many ways can they mix things up. I don't think like that. I don't think I CAN think like that. I want a simple outfit that works.

That's why I probably always seem to end up in jeans and tshirts... but jeans and tshirts get old. And sometimes I need something a little nicer. So I go shopping and come home depressed because nothing that I like looks as good on me as it does on the rack!

I have issues.

Anyways... I have a gazillion weddings and showers and other events this summer that I will need nicer clothes for. So I went shopping. I had some coupons for Old Navy and found some cute dresses that actually looked good on me. Rare! Dress shopping is the worst!



So I came home with this dress...



I like it. It fits well and navy is a good color on me. I'm happy.

I also like this green dress... It's pretty much the same as the blue one but a little plainer...


The store didn't have it in my size and I'm sitting here debating whether or not to buy it online. The thing is that I need a sweater that I can wear with it. I was thinking blue just to be colorful. I think it looks good but as I said, I'm not the greatest when it comes to fashion... and color.

This is the sweater I would get... and I was thinking the color pictured here. What color would you recommend??


You can view the other colors available HERE.

Most of my dresses are black so I'm branching out. But I'm nervous about mixing up colors because sometimes I just don't see what goes well together... and what doesn't. Help me out please!!

Have you found any cute summer dresses?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...