Friday, June 20, 2014

Change Me

A few years ago, as I complained to God about someone, I found myself being strongly convicted. I ended up asking God to change me... and he did.

I had a huge perspective shift and learned to see this person as God did. It was amazing how much things changed when I asked God to change me.

Lately I find myself in a similar position.
And wouldn't ya know... as I talked to God about it I found myself being convicted again.


God,
Help me to see others the way that you do. Give me the courage to give third, fourth and fifth chances. Teach me how to extend grace to others... like you do. Show me the good in everyone and help me to find my patience. Change me... so I can be more like you.



You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.
~Phil 4:22-25






media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...