Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Last Day of School Party

You guys!!! A tradition has been born!

It was probably about two weeks ago when me and the kids started thinking about summer and making a to-do list. There are lots of things we want to do this summer but one thing that the kids came up with was a summer party. So I got the genius idea to have a Last Day of School SURPRISE party! I talked to some friends and it was on!

Today was the last day of school and the kids got out at noon. We took the kids to school and my friend came by to help me decorate and get everything ready.

We all picked the kids up from school and as we walked home they spotted the decorated front porch and realized what was up. It was good times all around!

030

I got the idea for their party favor from this website where there are free printouts for "have a kool summer."

007

My friend made some really awesome cupcakes...

008

006

For lunch we had walking tacos. If you haven't heard of them before... you basically just take small serving size chip bags and add all your taco stuff.

013

I found a taco recipe and had to mix it up a bit because I couldn't find all the ingredients and I didn't want to spice it up too much because I needed the kids to like it. Here is how I made my tacos...

3lbs beef
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 packets chili seasoning

Brown the beef. Add beans, tomatoes and chili seasoning. Put in the crockpot on low until you are ready to serve. Open a bag of chips, add some of the chili mixture and top with sour cream and cheese. YUM!! Everyone loved them!

Just a caution... the heat will go right through the bags so if serving it to kids be careful!

We headed out to my small but cozy backyard and enjoyed lunch with friends while the oldies played. :)

014

We had some photo booth fun...

018

024

We found out that a gazillion kids could use my small sandboxes and get along...

025

And we went to the park to play.

035

We had such a great time today! Good food. Good friends. And fun. It was the perfect way to kick off summer and I'm pretty sure we will be doing it again next year!

032


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...