Sunday, August 24, 2014

Our Little Free Library

A few months ago, while browsing pinterest, I saw a Little Free Library (LFL) for the first time. I showed it to Mike, told him I thought it was super cool and then said, "we should do this!!"

And then I never did anything about it.

A few weeks ago I got an email from our friend Peter. He is the Children's Librarian at our local public library and we met him when the kids were younger and we were taking them to story time all the time. Anyways... the email from Peter was asking if we would be interested in having a Little Free Library in our front yard. He had been trying to come up with a good place for one in town for the past two years and it finally hit him that we live in a great place with lots of people...especially kids!

I didn't even have to think about it. I was pretty much all "Mike, you have to say yes to this!!!"

He did. :)

Last week the LFL arrived and Peter came over to help install it. We filled it up with books and the neighbors started checking it out!!

I'm loving it already! On Tuesday I've decided to have a "grand opening". I'll sit out front all day and talk to people who walk by. We'll give them free books to take home and cookies and lemonade. And we'll make bookmarks... because they go so well with books! :)

I've always wanted to have a library in my house but I guess I can settle for having one on the outside!

Thanks to the Butler Area Public Library for bringing the Little Free Library to our downtown neighborhood! Without them we wouldn't have it because the only thing we did was give them a place to put it! They did the rest. Our public library is awesome!!!

The way the LFL works is that you take a book and leave a book. There should always be something new to read!

003

Mike cut out a chunk of our bushes while the kids watched.
005

Peter got some help.
006

Almost done!
008

Checking out how it works and making sure the kids can reach.
009

Our first "customer"!!!
010

004

If you live in our town come check it out!!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...