Thursday, October 16, 2014

Transitions and Titles

 002


All last year I dreamed about what it would be like to be a stay at home mom with both of my kids in school for 6 1/2 hours a day. I thought I would be able to relax. I thought I would be able to get stuff done. Go out with friends. Do the grocery shopping alone. Enjoy a few hours lost in a good book.

And then school started and life got weird.

For two weeks I felt like I just wandered around, lost. I didn't know what to do with myself and all that time! I had a TON of things that needed done but I just didn't seem to be able to organize my days in a way that would work for me. After two weeks I cried to Mike... I don't know what to doooo! I'm a mom! What am I supposed to do for 6 1/2 hours every day?! Alone!? While my kids are in school!? I'm lost! I have all this time and I don't even get anything done!

It was around this time that my friend rented the house next to me and I helped her paint the entire thing. I realized it was good for me to get up and have a plan. So I started planning my days before I went to bed. I figured out how to organize my time a little bit better and I found ways to still have purpose throughout my days... because purpose is what I was really missing.

Since then, my days have become much more productive. I have found the time to relax and read a book but I've also been able to cross a load of stuff off of my to-do list. It took a while... but I figured out what to do with all this time.

It was a tough transition for me but I survived it.

In the process of the transition period I also realized that I had to redefine how I labeled myself. All these years I have called myself a stay at home mom. I have work... but I never considered myself a working mom. But I AM a working mom. I work A LOT! Between photography and my crochet business, I have found myself working several hours a day.

The more I began to accept who and what I am, the easier the transition into my new role of a mom who is at home for 6 1/2 hours a day became.

It was a rough few weeks... but I'm ok now. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...