Friday, November 14, 2014

Constant

Throughout this week I have been sharing experiences about my weekend retreat.
I got lost on the way but made a friend.
I was challenged to be a dangerous woman.
I was convicted about my lack of trust in God.
I detoured to Fallingwater on my way home and was amazed.

And then came my trip home. I punched my address into my GPS and left Fallingwater for an hour and a half drive home. I was tired. My heart was refreshed. I missed my family.

I was driving through the mountains, enjoying the scenery. As I came to the top of one mountain I looked out at the enormous view and there it was! The cross! The same cross that I had stood beneath just the day before. The same cross that looks out over the towns below.

046

I had drove away from Jummonville and the cross... yet there I was, several miles away and the cross came into view for just a moment.

And that's when I thought...

We go through peaks and valleys in life. We go through times where we can really sense the presence of God in our lives. We can see evidence of him. We can feel his love, comfort and guidance. In those times it seems like my time at camp... God... the cross... always in view.

But then we hit a valley. A hard time. A dark time. A time where we might not so easily see the cross and the evidence of God in our lives. A time where we might question who God is... if he sees us... if he cares...  if he loves us. A time where we just don't feel his love and comfort like we used to.

But even in those times... just like the cross at Jumonville... God is there. God is still standing. And God is still being who he said he is and doing what he said he would do.

God is constant.
Unchanging.
Faithful.

Even when we don't see God in our lives, he is there. He sees us and he knows us.
And he cares.

Even when everything in life crumbles and falls... the cross still stands firm. 

Even when we can't see the cross... trust that the cross is there... just as powerful as when we are standing below it humbled and amazed by the love of our Father.


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 
~Hebrews 13:8



media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...