Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fallingwater

Fallingwater.
It has had my interest for a while now but we have never gone because of the cost. $27/person... well that adds up quickly and we weren't really sure we wanted to spend that kind of money just to tour a house.

However, last Friday while driving to my retreat I saw a sign for Fallingwater... 15 miles. I figured since I was alone it wouldn't feel like it cost so much and decided that I would find it on my way home.

You guys!!!!

It was so worth it! And I am regretting doing it alone instead of with Mike because he would love it and now we'll have to go back so he can see it!

Ok... you are probably wondering at this point... What is Fallingwater Laura!?!?!?

This is Fallingwater...

065

It is a house that sits on a waterfall in the middle of the woods. It. is. AMAZING!

The house was designed by famous architect Frank Llyod Wright in the late 1930s for the Kauffmann family. The story is that the Kaufmann's wanted a rustic cabin in the woods and ended up with Fallingwater! Their budget that they started with was $30k. They ended up spending $150k in the end. Yikes! A little over budget!

But what a house!

I wish we were allowed to take photos inside! The stone floors. The walls. The windows. The views! The insane amount of balconies and outdoor spaces. You can walk down steps in the living room to get to the top of the waterfall. Two spring-filled swimming pools. The fireplace! Oh! The fireplace!

If I had a home like Fallingwater I don't think I would ever want to leave!

059

I have toured a lot of mansions in my travels but nothing compares to Fallingwater. It's a one-of-a-kind. You'll never see another house like it!

062

I went along on the hour-long tour and just stood amazed... like all the others in my group. It truly is a creative work of genius and if I ever find myself near another building designed by Frank Llyod Wright I'll make sure to stop and visit. 

063

And if you ever find yourself near Fallingwater... GO! Spend the money. Be amazed.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...