Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Trust

The other day I shared about how I got lost on my way to a retreat this past weekend. My GPS took me to a dead end road and I was left to figure things out on my own.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon...

The retreat had ended and everyone was packed up and heading home. On my way to the retreat I had seen signs for Falling Water. I wasn't far from it and I had always wanted to go. I called Mike and had him look up an address for me, entered that address into the GPS and was on my way.

It occurred to me that after getting lost due to my GPS just two days before that maybe this wasn't the smartest idea... but it was all I had and I wanted to go!

As I was driving down a back road in the middle of nowhere I had no other option than to trust my GPS. I had to trust that it actually knew where I was and how to get me to where I wanted to go. I blindly put my trust in that small, talking piece of technology.

It got me where I was going and then it got me home from there.

It also got me thinking...

I was so willing to trust in a small machine that had already let me down. I trusted this thing without a brain of its own. This thing without a heart. I trusted a THING!

Yet I am often unwilling to trust my God who has never let me down. He knows me. Always. And He always knows where I am and where I need to go. Yet I fail to trust this loving God that has the mind and heart to create the world and love it's people unconditionally.

I fail to trust the God who gave his son's life for me... but I'll trust a thing.

Reality check.


 004

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. ~Psalm 3:5-6




(I'll share about Falling Water tomorrow.)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...