Sunday, January 25, 2015

12 Years

Holy cow you guys!

I've been married for TWELVE YEARS! That must mean that I am getting old.

Twelve years...

Some of the years were good, some were great and some were straight up awful.

The honest side of me insists that I tell you that the past two years... I didn't celebrate my anniversary. The past two years were kinda sorta miserable. The past two years had me thinking that all those people who tried to talk Mike out of marrying me were going to have a reason to say "I told you so."

But I'm not a quitter... and thankfully Mike isn't either!

We are still here and we are ready to actually celebrate this year!

This year... the end of the twelfth year of marriage... we celebrate
*making it.
*not quitting.
*surviving.
*honoring our commitment of "till death".
*change and growth.
*LIKING each other again.
*sticking together even when we didn't want to.
*still being an "us".

We don't have any plans for today because we didn't have a sitter. But we will be taking a weekend just for us in February. I'm looking forward to it!


In twelve years we have gone from this...

wedding 1

to this...

003

It's been hard... but it has also been worth it. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...