Monday, January 19, 2015

Brain Block

I'm still here... but I'm pretty sure my brain isn't.

I've wanted to write but every time I try nothing seems to come out. Or at least it doesn't come out well. My brain is mush. Constantly scattered. Consumed with the topic of school consolidation. Consumed with unanswered questions. Consumed with frustration because of the unanswered questions. I could write about that for hours but I doubt my readers care THAT MUCH about my school district. (And that's ok!) I just wish I knew where my kids would be going to school next year... you know... since they are planning on closing the school across the street that we currently go to. My life is about to change. My neighborhood will change. My community will change.

It's tough. I go to bed thinking about it and I wake up thinking about it.

I need a vacation.

Speaking of vacations!!! I'm going to visit my bestest friend EVER at the end of February. We met on Myspace (ha!!!) probably about ten years ago. She lives in Louisiana. I've never been there. I can't wait to go and see her and meet her family and friends!! I'm just ecstatic that I have something to look forward to in the midst of my chaotic life!

Life has been weird and random lately. It's winter and we are stuck inside a lot. I've been doing a lot of reading and crocheting and watching Netflix. I've also been doing a little bit of knitting! I learned how to knit probably 13 years ago but never did much of it. I love the look if knit hats and wanted to give a go... so a few youtube videos, two trips to the craft store, one not so great hat and I figured it all out. Yesterday I finished up a really cute knit hat for Liza and I LOVE IT! I might be a little bit obsessed with knitting now. I thought it would be difficult to knit a hat but it wasn't difficult at all. Takes a little longer than crocheting but it's worth it.

I'm also doing the Whole30 again. I did it last January and January seems to be a good time to do it. After the holiday binging I always feel so bloated and gross so a detox is a good step. I wish I could find my energy... but the other benefits are still enough to keep me going. I have ten days to go till the detox is over but I plan to try and stick close to it. I want to really figure out this time around what foods affect me negatively. We'll see... I have a feeling I'll be needing to give up dairy. That makes me sad.

Well that's enough randomness for now. I have a few things in mind I hope to start writing about. Hopefully the brain block will go away. :)

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...