Friday, January 23, 2015

Contentment


noun
1. the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind. 
 
Synonym... happiness.
 
 
During the summer I had ideas of what I thought my days would be like once the kids were both in school again. I thought my days would be relaxing. Laid back. Easy. Peaceful.
 
That didn't happen.
 
For the first two weeks I was a little bit lost. I didn't know what to do with myself or my time. But then life got busy. My days started filling up with things and I wondered where the time went. I had a lot of work and a lot of projects that ate up my days. I had meetings and things to do.

What I didn't have time for was the things that I wanted to have time for... reading, writing, hobbies... rest.

And then the school consolidation stuff entered my life and made it even more hectic and crazy. (And continues to do so.)

But in the past few weeks I have found myself settling... settling to a place of peace and contentment. Even in the midst of all the craziness I still have calm. Even though my life is far from perfect and there are hurtful situations that show up all the time... I am still happy.

I'm not quite sure how I found my way to this place of contentment but I sure do like it. I like the peace... the calm... the rest. I like that even when things go wrong my world doesn't get flipped upside down. I like that I know who I am and where I belong.

During the past few years the storms of life have been big. I often felt like I was getting sucked into a whirlpool and just using every last bit of energy to fight for one more breath. There are days where I still have to fight for my happiness and contentment to remain... but it's a wonderful feeling to be able to just breath normally again. 

I don't ever want to lose this feeling of contentment.


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...