Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Make Your Own Mayo... and Ranch Dip

When I did the Whole30 last year... me and Mike were pretty much on our own. We had to find recipes and meal ideas without help. Well, other than google help. We found that we were eating the same few meals over and over and over and it just got really old and by the time we hit day 31 we were just ready for some different food!

This time is different though. I have a small, online support group and they have been very generous about sharing recipes and answering my food questions.

Something you should know about me...

I hate cooking.
I hate the kitchen.
I had a lot of questions!

Thankfully Mike has been a huge help and has done the majority of the cooking. We kind of have an unspoken deal... I find meals and shop if he cooks the food.

Anyways... one of the things I learned this time around is how to make my own mayo. And let me just tell you... It. Is. EASY! And if I say it is easy then it really truly is because I have another unspoken deal when it comes to the kitchen... if it's not easy I don't do it!

Seriously though... this mayo takes about two minutes to make and while it's not Miracle Whip it IS yummy! I've used it for many things... put it on a burger (even though I haven't been having burger buns), deviled eggs, just mixed some mayo and salsa up and put it on some tuna, and I now make my own ranch dip using the mayo that I make.

Who am I!?!?!

So how do you learn to make this super-easy-only-takes-two-minutes mayo?

CLICK THIS LINK!!

All the step-by-step directions are there and if you don't have an immersion blender then just go to Walmart and spend the $15 to get one. It's worth it. I even used the thing to mix up my laundry detergent after it gelled and it made the whole process of making it so much easier.

But I'm off track. We are talking about food... not laundry.

After I make the mayo I also like to make some ranch dip for my carrots. This also is really REALLY simple. And it's good! If you invite me to a party any time soon I will likely bring a veggie tray with my dip so that I have something to eat and you will all say "Wow! This dip is really good! Where did you get it?" And I will say "I made it" and everyone will think I'm awesome.

(I'm in a weird mood today.)

RANCH DIP
1 cup of the mayo you just made
1/2 tsp dill
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder

That's it! Two yummy, whole30 compliant food items in a super short amount of time!

Go make some!!

media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...