Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Unbroken, The Hundred Foot Journey and Big Hero 6

Last year my main reading list consisted of books that were being turned into movies. I read some really good books and some that weren't so good. And there were several that I started but never really got into so I didn't finish them. I've been enjoying seeing many of those books as movies now.

Unbroken was one of them. The book by Laura Hillenbrand is easily one of my favorite books ever. I read it early last year and had to wait MONTHS to see the movie. It came out on Christmas Day but I didn't get to the theater until New Years Day.

Unbroken is an excellent movie! It is very true to the book and often had me in tears. I still recommend that you read the book first because there were a lot of times where I was thankful I had read it just because it gave me more depth of the feelings and emotions behind everything. The book definitely made me FEEL a lot more than the movie. But the movie is still worth seeing!

**********


The Hundred Foot Journey was one of the books I tried to read but just couldn't get into. There was so much about food and reading about food just isn't exciting for me. But the movie!!! I. LOVED it! It was cute. It was clean. The characters were great. And the story was nice... and fun. I would watch it again! I would recommend this movie to my mom. (Hey Mom! You would like this movie!)

**********

The kids didn't  have school on Monday and Tuesday and I knew that if we didn't break things up by getting out of the house that we would all go very nuts with a four day weekend. We have a theater not too far away that is really nice and if you go to the early shows it's only $5.25/person. So I took Liza and Jason and two of their friends to see Big Hero 6.

I had no idea what to expect from this movie. The review on pluggedin.com was good and the children's librarian from our public library said it was really good so we figured why not give it a try. Big Hero 6 was so good! We all loved it and I can't wait for Mike to see it too. We will buy this one for the family and I am sure we will watch it again and again and again.

**********

Have you seen any good movies lately?


media buttons for post

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...